Commercial Pest Control: Fly Control In College Station
In this blog series, we discuss the food industry and flies. Few things make customers think twice around food than house flies. Most flies are disgusting and many carry diseases. House flies regurgitate their last meal every time they land and that is not a pleasant thought around food or in restaurants. So, what are the options for restaurant owners when it comes to fly control? There are two broad set of options – The DIY methods and the Professional Pest Control method. Let’s explore:
The DIY Options for Fly Control in Restaurants
Chore List for Restaurants
House flies and flesh flies are attracted to decay. Food, begins to decay as soon as it is harvested. As such, there are a few things that you can do to keep flies away.
- Make sure the garbage is emptied several times per day (or more.)
- Always wipe food preparation surfaces frequently and use a solution that kills odors.
- Make sure the dumpster and recycling sit away from your restaurant
- Keep food in sealed containers and in the frig when not being used.
- Clean dirty dishes, pots, pans, and utensils often.
Even with these five common sense chores, flies are still an issue. So, what can you do about them? One options is to team up with a qualified and licensed pest control service that works with you to reduce flies in and around your restaurant.
What a Licensed and Experience Pest Control Professional Offers
Pest control within a restaurant requires a thorough understanding of both local and state laws and the pests that restaurants need to control. Our professionals, understand how to apply control methods that satisfy the law and restaurant owners too. Those include:
- Door kits that use air to keep flies out.
- Electronic zappers that are strategically places so that they do not interfere with the guest’s experience.
- Baits and traps also strategically placed to reduce fly populations
We offer a full range of options for controlling pests in restaurants and each meet the requirements of local and state regulations.
To learn more about all your options for controlling flies in restaurants, just give us a call. We work with restaurants and businesses throughout the greater Bryan and College Station area to control all types of pests.