Flea & Flea Infestation; Treatments & Control in College Station Texas
Have you noticed a potential flea infestation in your home? Have your pets been scratching more than usual? Don’t ignore the signs! Call Swoboda Pest Control immediately and we can help stop your flea infestation from getting out of hand.
Flea Pest Control Treatments
Our flea treatments are thorough. We will treat and re-treat your home consistently through a set period of time. During this time, we will also ask that you follow some simple protocol in order to help facilitate the effectiveness of our treatments.
Fleas go through a pupae stage during which they are enclosed in an extremely protective cocoon. It is critical that we make sure the fleas do not remain do not remain dormant and protected in that state throughout the duration of the treatments. Ask us about our treatment options! We are proud to weather you through the storm and fully warranty our work!
Handling a Flea Emergency
Inside the Home
- Locate heavily infested areas and concentrate efforts on those areas.
- Wash throw rugs and the pet’s bedding.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture. Remove and vacuum under cushions and in cracks and crevices of furniture.
- Allow carpet to dry and vacuum a second time to remove additional fleas that were induced to emerge.
- Continue to vacuum for 10 days to 2 weeks to remove adult fleas that continue to emerge from pupal cocoons.
On the Pet
Use a spot-on treatment which can be purchased in pet stores or from veterinarians or a systemic oral treatment which is available from veterinarians only.
Outside the Home
Sprays are only necessary outdoors if you detect lots of fleas.
Locate and remove debris in heavily infested areas, especially in areas where pets rest. Concentrate treatment in these areas with a spray containing a residual insecticide and the insect growth regulator pyriproxyfen. Open areas to sunlight by removing low hanging vegetation.