Why You Need A Winter Pest Inspection
The biggest reason you need a winter pest inspection is your home. Modern homes are comfortable and cozy against the cold of winter. To pests, that warm and toasty house is a beacon that means the difference between surviving and freezing. Plus, homes have a ton of food and plenty of water. What that really means is that inside of your home pests can survive and some will even thrive. Here is a short list of some pests that love your home in winter
- Termites – those that eat homes are well protected from the cold, snow, and often the rain because they are literally living in the boards of your home. This is true of carpenter ants too, though they don’t eat your home, they just excavate the wood to make their own home.
- Wasps – Yes, even in winter wasp can be living in your home. A small hole or access through a vent and wasps, such as yellowjackets or paper wasps will gladly build a colony. Another type of wasp is the mud dauber and they will build their mud tubes wherever there are spiders. They are spider hunters and they stuff those mud tubes with paralyzed spiders. They too love to be inside, usually of outbuildings but in your attic and walls too.
- Cockroach – Oh how the love your home. All that food, the warmth, the water, etc. Cockroach are perfect winter pests.
- Spiders – Spiders are another pest that do just fine in your home during the colder months. In fact, most would have died off had they had to live outside so they are thankful.
- The Dreaded Roof Rat – long and lean and very capable of keeping you up most of the night.
Be sure to schedule your pest control inspection so that your home is free of pests this winter. We provide quality pest control services throughout the Bryan and College Station communities.